Grand River S.E.

Opened at the police station 1851 with Miss A. Rooney in charge. On 12 September 1868 the post office was transferred to the railway station (South East Road). In 1877 became a third class office. 19 May 1919 the office was closed due to the influenza epidemic and was re-opened 1 February 1920. The post office was still opened 1968.