Black River

It was minuted on 11 October 1847 that a post office was to be established at the house of Mr Gardanne (£12p.a.), Twelfth Mile Stone. The post office was re-opened in 1851 with F. Bertrand as deputy postmaster at (£12 p.a.). On 9 July 1861 it was stated that the post office was to be established at Military Post, Black River. In 1868 it moved to the Police Station. Post office was still opened in 2015.

Black River post office, picture taken 2015